Simple Holiday Dessert Recipes
Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching! Here are some easy and refreshing recipes to make for the upcoming holidays.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
1 cup of chopped strawberries
5 tablespoons softened cream cheese
6 tablespoons softened butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Image Credit: Keep It Sweet Desserts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use electric mixer on high speed to beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Add sugar to mix, and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Next, add the egg and vanilla extract. Reduce mixer to low speed to stir in the flour and salt.
3. Fold in the chopped strawberries to the mixture.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough, roll into a ball, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place cookies at least 1 inch apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tops are firm.
5. Allow cookies to cool for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
1 medium-sized sweet potato
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1/2 can of sweet & condensed milk.
1/2 cup of brown sugar and white sugar.
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
9″ graham cracker crust
1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
Image credit: Pillsbury
1. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the graham cracker crust.
2. While mixing the ingredients preheat the oven 375 degrees.
3. Once heated bake the cheesecake for 55 minutes until browned lightly.
4. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cheesecake, if toothpick is clean when you remove it it is done. Enjoy!