THON 2017 is just around the corner, (less than two weeks!), and if you’re feeling kind, you can send care packages and letters to the dancers on the floor. They can either be addressed to a dancer specifically, or for a dancer in general. They’re a great form of support to give our dancers that extra push to complete the 46 hour no sitting or sleeping marathon.
For those that don’t know, The Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon, or THON, is a 46 – hour dance marathon that takes place every February at the Penn State University Park Campus in the Bryce Jordan Center. It is the largest student-run philanthropy in the world, committed to raise money and provide emotional support to children and families that are battling childhood cancer.
As a supporter, you can fill your packages will games and toys for the dancers and kids, as well as heartfelt messages, pictures or jokes. Dancers will receive the packages and letters at separate times; packages early on the weekend and letters later when they really need that push to carry on.
Are there any guidelines I should follow when sending packages?
- Packages must be smaller than 14”x14”x8” (about the size of a shoe box)
- Packages over this size will not be delivered and will need to be picked up after THON weekend
- Packages must be sent in box (gift bags not accepted)
- Dancers are only allowed 10 packages
Where Do I send packages and letters?
- Packages and letters can be dropped off in person to 324 HUB Monday – Friday between 10 a.m. & 5 p.m. until February 9th, 2017
- Mailed letters and packages must be postmarked by February 7th, 2017 and must be addressed in the following format:
Penn State Dance Marathon (Mail Call)
Attn: Dancer Name & Dancer Number
227D Hetzel Union Building
University Park, PA 16802
If you have any questions, you can contact Dancer Relations Mail Call Captains Cara Perrotti and David Bailey at email@example.com
Photo Credits: THON